HELLAGRO offers a wide range of absorbent meat pads.
The aging process of meat is a main factor affecting the quality of the meat. The process of proteolysis due to the enzymatic activity during storage leads to significant meat tenderization. Currently, beef is typically aged in a vacuum pack. However, the meat is always surrounded by free drips, resulting in the development of potentially more negative flavor intensities (metallic and sour). At the same time, microbiological growth is supported by the liquid, curtailing shelf life and/or posing a food safety risk.
The main advantages of the absorbent meat pads of HELLAGRO are:
- Bacteria absorption, the major cause of unpleasant odor and taste
- Natural smell and flavor retention
- High absorbency even under pressure
- Packaging appearance improvement, the meat no longer “swims” in its own juice
- No juices leak out when the packaging is opened
- Attracts and absorbs organic vapors which produce unpleasant odor
- Secure retention
Absorbent meat pads are available in a range of colors, absorption levels, shapes and sizes to suit all applications.